Merewether Restoration Service to the Rescue!
It is not every day that our Newcastle technicians are called upon a Merewether restoration carpet cleaning job that brings out the pen and paper. It had just about every type of carpet cleaning requirement that customers may need.
We arrived at the home and inspected the carpets as far as possible. An elderly lady, two huge dogs and lots of furniture and contents. The carpets were quite stained and had not been cleaned in quite a while. On top of that, we suspect that a little pet accident or two had taken place. The carpets also had not been vacuumed for quite a while because they were full of sand and dog hair. Chem-Dry Superior loves a challenge and we certainly had our work cut out looking after this particular Merewether restoration or carpet cleaning customer.
So What Did Our Technicians do?
- The two dogs were secured in the back garden with the promise that they would stay there until the carpets were completely dry. Nothing like tracking dirt onto a damp carpet to spoil that “clean and fresh” look.
- We moved as much contents and furniture to the tiled part of the house as possible. Fortunately for us the family room with ceramic tiles was quite large.
- Extensive vacuuming followed. Our bags had to be emptied twice before the bulk of dry dirt and dog hair had been removed.
- Pet Urine affected areas were identified and treated with our PURT treatment designed for pet odour removal.
- All the carpet were then cleaned, sanitised and disinfected.
- Two cups of tea later we started repositioning furniture and bringing contents back into each carpeted room.
- Four hours of Merewether restoration and 1 hour of social tea drinking later we left a happy pensioner with a clean and healthy home.